So it goes something like this
- Get freaked out by a new task I have never done before in a new profession I know really very little about and it seems kind of insurmountable
- Do other fun design stuff
- Do some contract research work
- Facebook update
- Check personal facebook
- Cuddle the baby
- Make Coffee
- Read paper online
- Give myself pep talk about sucking it up and just getting on with it
- Look back at freaky new task
This is kind of a new thing for me. I am the kind of annoying person who says to my partner ‘you are SO the type of person that would rather do something tomorrow than today’, and I say it kind of smugly and maybe perhaps I even have a few judgmental thoughts. Actually I definitely have a few of them.
But now, aha! The chickens come home to roost.
I am doing what are called technical specifications or packs. These are the really detailed instructions and pictures that the manufacturers require for costing, sampling and sewing. And when I say really detailed I mean every single bit of thread, stitch, fabric join, colour, print, placement, button, tag, packaging etc, in both written and drawn form. And it is utterly freaking me out, and I have no idea why.
So I am procrastinating
And yeah I am kind of aware of the irony of writing a blog about procrastination instead of doing the work….
I hope it passes. I really do.